The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features New Year’s 2019 greeting cards from various Japanese game companies, which tease a bit about what is to come in the year ahead.
Get the notable tidbits below.
- Aquaplus: We’re steadily progressing on preparations for our next title. We would like to deliver it as early as possible.
- Atlus: Starting with Catherine: Full Body, we’re also steadily preparing unannounced new title(s). Please look forward to updates on Shin Megami Tensei V and other titles as well.
- FuRyu: Unannounced new titles will be announced one after the next.
- Hideo Kojima: Is 2019 the year of the whale? Please look forward to Death Stranding.
- Idea Factory and Compile Heart: We’re planning to develop unique titles such as the latest entry in a popular series (e-type?) and a virtual-type (?) title.
- Kadokawa Games: Many projects are underway, including Root Letter 2 and Project Stella.
- Konami: We’re planning to develop products and services that celebrate our 50th anniversary.
- Nihon Falcom: 2019 is the Trails series’ 15th anniversary. The Empire’s story ended in Trails of Cold Steel IV, but as a series there is still more to come. For the 15th anniversary, there may be unexpected development(s).
- Marvelous: Please look forward to a new title in a certain series that will soon be announced.
- Spike Chunsoft: We’re preparing plenty titles that might surprise you.