Version 1.0 of the game will be “huge and by far the biggest” update the game has ever received. The following features will be included:
- The complete main story with at least twice the amount of cutscenes
- Awesome and dramatic plot moments
- A complete new area + dungeon + several extensions in existing areas
- Rhombus Square – the largest city of the game
- New party members
- Over nine new enemy types + more variations
- Over 13 new boss fight and other major battles
- About 12 new quests
- Several menu improvements and QoL additions
- A complete German translation
- Countless other small improvements/changes
- Also hopefully less buggy than previous major releases
- Other features that we still hope to finish but are not 100 percent certain yet:
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Trading Cards
Beyond version 1.0, there are several features and content planned to be added to the game at a later date, including:
- A New Game+ mode that allows you to restart the game in a special manner (details still open)
- Several additional NPCs, quests, and enemies that we promised to our Indiegogo backers
- The Last Minute Hero Guild that (ironically) we decided not to implement in the last minute.
- More maps for Rhombus Square and more a few quests that didn’t quite make it for version 1.0
- The Arena in Rhombus Square! The least you can expect is a boss rush mode among other things!
A PlayStation 4 version of CrossCode is also in development, but has yet to be dated.