The under development screenshots in the magazine show what appears to be a Super Famicom-style 2D action game.
Here are some quotes from the magazine’s interview:
- “We decided that it would be necessary to release Taito’s IPs and technology on all platforms in order to increase profit in the future.”
- “We have titles that are already moving towards release.”
- “These are the first steps of our new developments.”
- “Projects are underway from re-releases to new titles on various platforms.”
- “However, console games are an extremely difficult current business for us. With that in mind, we’d like to release things that will be welcomed by all of you, but if we get the chance, we might also make something original.”
- “Getting buzz in the console game market is a big deal and makes it easier to appeal to customers.”
Thanks, Games Talk.