Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms will launch for PC via Steam day and date with the North American release of the PS Vita version on March 13, publisher Idea Factory International announced.
As previously announced, the PS Vita version will launch in Europe on March 16.
The Steam version will include English, Japanese, and traditional Chinese subtitles. To celebrate its release, Idea Factory International will have a 30 percent weeklong discount for both the main game and a “Deluxe Pack” add-on (includes the “Character Art Collection” and “Event Scene Collection” art books, four PC wallpapers, and 12 mobile wallpapers), as well as 10 percent permanent discounts for the following bundles:
- Deluxe Bundle – Includes Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms and “Deluxe Pack” add-on.
- DLC Bundle – Includes Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms and “Blossoms Treasure Box” add-on.
- Complete Deluxe Set – Includes Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms, “Deluxe Pack” add-on, and “Blossoms Treasure Box” add-on.
- Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds and Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms Bundle
Here is an overview of the game, via Idea Factory International:
This remastered telling of the beloved visual novel Hakuoki series is a continuation of the Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds story and focuses on the story set in Edo, the second part in this two-part series. The young Chizuru, determined to find her father, will romance the famous warriors of Shinsengumi through a series of engaging stories and dramatic events. Now, experience new characters, love interests, and episodes in the world of Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms!
Chizuru Yukimura travels from Edo to Kyoto in hopes of searching for her father who had mysteriously vanished. Along the way, she encountered the Shinsengumi, and spent the next four years working with them to locate her father. In 1868, the final year of the Bakumatsu Period, the Shinsengumi, with Chizuru at their side, took part in the Battle of Toba-Fushimi to decide the future of the Tokugawa Shogunate against the rising tide of Imperial Nationalism. Unfortunately, defeat for the Shinsengumi came swiftly at the hands of the Imperial Army, and they retreated back to Edo in shame.
It was a bittersweet homecoming for both Chizuru and the warriors of the Shinsengumi, as the city of Edo resembled very little of its former self, engulfed by the harrowing winds of change that were sweeping through the country. As the Shinsengumi’s survival came under threat, they were faced with a choice: discard their principles, or give up their lives. Some of them had no such choice, and they cloaked themselves in darkness to protect the Shinsengumi’s greatest secret: the Furies.
This is a story about a girl who allies with the warriors of the Shinsengumi, who are struggling to uphold their faith in an era of rapid social change in Japan, and the fate of those who sought to resist that change…
- 12 Charming Bachelors – Start by choosing from one of 12 handsome bachelors and fall in love with Japanese history’s most famous warriors.
- Multiple Endings, One True Love – Explore the gorgeous world of Hakuoki through narrative choices that unlock branching storylines and up to 30 different endings.
- Beautiful History Comes Alive – The dramatic romance, friendship, and betrayal unfolds on your screen through fluid animation, vibrant art, and detailed CGs.