The Sushee-developed sequel, which is co-written by the Fear Effect series’ original writer, takes Hana, Rain, Glas, and Deke, as well as new character Axel, into the world of Inuit mythology. It uses a third-person isometric point of view, and combines action, stealth, and puzzle solving with animated cutscenes, including the classic death cutscenes from the original games.
Here is an overview of the game’s key features, via Forever Entertainment:
- The return of the original Fear Effect’s much loved cast of characters
- Isometric viewpoint to enable players to interact with multiple characters at the same time
- Gameplay that mixes real-time action, tactical play, stealth, and puzzles
- The adrenaline-based Fear Effect gameplay mechanic that impacts on both attack and defense
- Animated stylistic cutscenes, stunning environments, and classic death cutscenes
- A mature and exciting story that follows mercenaries uncovering the mysteries of Inuit mythology
The launch of Fear Effect Sedna comes 18 years after the release of the original Fear Effect for PlayStation. A remake of that game, titled Fear Effect Reinvented, is currently in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Watch the Fear Effect Sedna launch trailer below.