Atari has released the first gameplay footage and screenshots of its August-announced, arcade-style shooter Tempest 4000.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Atari:
Tempest 4000 is a visually stunning, action-packed tube shooter based on the classic hit arcade game, Tempest. Developed by legendary game designer, Jeff Minter, Tempest 4000 remains faithful to the original fast-paced gameplay by putting you in control of the Claw, a powerful spacecraft equipped to destroy deadly creatures and other obstructions with rapid-fire shots on vibrant geometric prisms. Featuring fantastical graphical environments, 100 levels, three game modes, and more, you must eliminate all enemies as fast as possible to survive and compete for the highest score on the leaderboards.
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced arcade style shoot ‘em up.
- Fantastical World: Experience Tempest 4000’s mind-blowing and colorful graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Three Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Standard, Pure and Endurance that will push your skills to the limit.
- 100 Levels: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Leaderboards: Achieve your high score and post to the leaderboards in your quest to be recognized as No.1.
- Pulse-Pounding Soundtrack: Immerse yourself to a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno and rhythmic beats.
- Old School Gameplay: Experience the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current-gen consoles.
Tempest 4000 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this holiday season.
Watch the footage below. View the screenshots at the gallery.