The Switch version of the Pokemon fighting game includes all 16 characters from the Wii U version, as well as arcade additions Darkrai, Scizor, Croagunk, and Empoleon, and Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Pokemon Decidueye.
Here’s an overview of the game, via The Pokemon Company:
Pokemon is making its way to Nintendo Switch later this year with Pokken Tournament DX. Along with all the content from both the Wii U and arcade versions of Pokken Tournament, the Pokemon fighting game where Pokemon in battle move in direct response to the player’s actions, Pokken Tournament DX also introduces an array of exciting new features to create the ultimate Pokken experience. Pokken Tournament DX features include:
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.
Nintendo has added Pokken Tournament DX to its E3 2017 lineup. In addition to the previously announced Arms and Splatoon 2 tournaments, Nintendo will host a Pokken Tournament DX tournament on June 14 at 10:30 a.m. PT. Here are the details:
2017 Pokken Tournament DX Invitational
- Date: Wednesday, June 14
- Time: 10:30 a.m. PT
- Competitors: Eight YouTube and Twitch stars
- Format: Crew battle with four teams and two players per team. Random draft order. The first person in each crew must choose one of the new characters; the other person can choose one of the original characters.
- Prize: Winners will each receive a Pokken Tournament DX art piece signed by Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokemon Company, and members of the development team.
- Casters: Jordan Kent, D1 and VikkiKitty
Pokken Tournament DX will also be featured on Nintendo’s E3 2017 Treehouse live stream, detailed below:
Nintendo Treehouse Live Stream at E3 2017
- When: On Tuesday, June 13, the show starts right after the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 presentation about 9:30 a.m. PT. On Wednesday and Thursday, June 14-15, the show starts about 10 a.m. PT.*
- Who: Treehouse members, as well as developers and other game experts, including Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokemon Company. Ishihara and development team members will talk about the upcoming Pokken Tournament DX game for Nintendo Switch.
Members of Nintendo’s Treehouse will once again delve into the details of the Nintendo Switch console and games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, including Super Mario Odyssey and Pokken Tournament DX. Viewers will get an in-depth look at gameplay and hear behind-the-scenes details about Nintendo’s lineup for E3.
Watch the reveal trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.