The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Redout, dubbed Redout: Lightspeed Edition, will launch both physically and digitally on August 29 in North America and August 31 in Europe for $39.99 / €39.99 / £29.99, publisher 505 Games announced. Both versions will include a unique, format-exclusive livery (blue / black for PlayStation 4, green / black for Xbox One) for all of your ships.
Here’s an overview of the game, via 505 Games:
Redout: Lightspeed Edition will in fact include the brand new “split screen” mode – which will push you and your friends into head-to-head, elbow-to-elbow fierce challenges – plus the “Europa” DLC and the newly added “Neptune” DLC. Thanks to this valuable addition, the game will offer a total set of 30 unique tracks, along with 6 different environments, staged on a dystopic Earth.
Redout is a tribute to the classic racing monsters. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on physics: Every slope, hard-brake, acceleration, and each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognizable aesthetics. The melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi-abandoned Earth is the background for the most high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes, across breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes and vast desert plains.
Updated Features for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Multiplayer: Challenge up to 6 players from around the globe, or a friend – head-to-head – in the brand new split screen mode, to find out who the best Redout pilot is.
- Career mode: Carve out your path to glory with more than 100 different racing events, varying experience, and an array of challenging levels.
- Upgradable Ships: Invest in improving your Engine, Magnets, Structure and Energy to get your ship track-ready.
- See the world: Put the pedal to the metal on 30 different tracks scattered around 6 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Push the envelope on additional boss circuits to see what you are made of.
- 11 Event Types: Test your skills in 11 different events: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Boss and Arena Race.
- Team up: Drivers will have their pick of 7 different racing teams with each team requiring a different driving approach and 4 increasingly fast racing classes to see if you make the cut.
- Power ups: To get that competitive edge, you have the option of 12 upgradable power-ups: Additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.