Castle of Shikigami for PC launches June 16Six playable characters, five stages, co-op play, and more.
Shoot’ em up game Castle of Shikigami will launch for PC via Steam on June 16 for 1,180 yen (approx. $10 USD) with a 17 percent-off discount the first week of release, publisher Degica Games announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Castle of Shikigami is the dark, supernatural first installment in Alfa System‘s highly regarded shoot-’em-up series, newly translated and brought to the PC by Cosmo Machia and Degica Games.
The summer heat is scorching. Tokyo’s Metropolitan Police Force has had enough. One after another, 32 female victims were found brutally murdered. Could this be the work of the occult? Call in the specialists!
Choose one of six characters and utilize their unique abilities to defeat the demons infesting modern-day Tokyo in this vertically scrolling shooting game. Use each character’s shot, special Shikigami attack and bomb to conquer each stage and it’s boss to ultimately discover who or what is behind “The Castle of Shikigami Incident”.
- Six playable characters with unique abilities and storylines.
- Five multipart stages of nightmarish demons in a ghost-infested modern-day Japan.
- Tension Bonus System that rewards risk.
- Exploit the time system to boost your score.
- Two-player local cooperative play.
- Steam Achievements, Leaderboards, Trading Cards, and Cloud Saves.
Read more about the history of Castle of Shikigami here.
Watch a trailer below.