Gran Turismo Sport will launch for PlayStation 4 on November 15 in North America and Japan, November 16 in Europe, and November 18 in the United Kingdom, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.
Pre-orders will include a three-car pack with instant access to the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3, Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1, and Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car. Additional incentives include:
- 2x Early Access Bonus Cars
- Chevrolet Corvette Group 3
- Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24
- Gran Turismo-themed PS4 Avatars
- GT Sport Dynamic Theme
- $500,000 In-Game Credit
- $500,000 In-Game Credit
A $69.99 limited edition will include more than $130 worth of content, including:
- Gran Turismo Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
- $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
- Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
- 30x PS4 Gran Turismo Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected Gran Turismo Sport featured vehicles
- Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
- Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
Gran Turismo Sport will feature an Arcade Mode, Campaign Mode, Brand Central, Sport Mode, Livery Editor, Scapes, and social features. There are 117 events in offline mode, 137 cars, 19 locations, and 27 layouts, including a new Tokyo Express Way based on the highways of Japan. Dirt tracks will also return. Here’s a full rundown of features, via the game’s official website:
- Real Cars – Including the latest road cars modeled to unprecedented precision in Gran Turismo history: We’ll start off by introducing four of them.
- Original Cars – Co-starring race cars active in the real world of motorsports together with dream model GT3s for fans who wanted to see a GT3 version of their favorite cars. Experience it first-hand!
- Tracks – In addition to the ever-popular Nürburgring Nordschleife (North Loop), there are a number of new tracks appearing for the first time in the Gran Turismo series. We will be introducing new tracks such as the legendary “Tokyo Expressway”.
- Driving – Do you have the misconception that driving simulators are difficult? Driving itself is not that difficult in real life. There’s a way to really hone your skills, through a whole new world of natural, controllable driving.
- Sport Mode – It’s one thing to be number one in the world, but quite another to do it with the pressures of representing your country. Do you have what it takes? Or how about driving for your favorite manufacturer? You can test your resolve in two championships officially certified by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile), where you’ll need more than just driving skill to be successful.
- GT Sport Live – The official races of “Sport Mode” where top players from around the world will compete, are hosted on weekends in a match that will be broadcast live. TV quality Live cameras and live commentary, now in a video game.
- Graphics – Equipped with Polyphony Digital’s own rendering engine and game engine, you can feel realistic “light”, and the expression of detail has advanced greatly.
- Livery Editor – Equipped with a “Livery Editor” enabling the player to customize their own original livery. You can create your own original livery, or even try to recreate the livery of your favorite race cars.
- Scapes – “Scapes” is a next generation Photo Mode of Gran Turismo themed on “Travel”, offering an amazingly attractive technology that may change the world of car photography as we know it.
Watch a new trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.