Grand Ages: Medieval will launch for PlayStation 4, as well as PC, on September 29 in North America and September 25 in Europe, publisher Kalypso Media announced.
The second entry in the Grand Ages series and the first to appear on console, the real-time strategy game is set in the High Middle Ages. It begins in the year 1050 A.D. and puts players in the role of a mayor governing a small European settlement. Your goal is to lead your people through the decades by expanding your trade routes and influence, and eventually conquering all of Europe.
The game will feature an eight-player multiplayer mode separate from the main campaign. It will let you set commands and protocols that let you take breaks from multiplayer without ever having to leave the game, which is a neat feature for playing with and against friends in other time zones.
Get a new trailer and fact sheet below.
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress as a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are being explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilizing construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement to rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometers, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilize 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via online (both formats) and local network (PC only)
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.