The latest issue of ShortList Magazine has the “world exclusive” first hands-on with Street Fighter V and reveals new mechanics for fighter, which it says “will be released in March 2016” for PlayStation 4 and PC.
Get the information below.
- V-Trigger – A special move unique to each character that can turn the tide of the fight. You can only unleash these after you’ve filled the V-Gauge – and you do that by taking damage.
- Chun-Li’s makes her hits stronger.
- Nash can quickly teleport behind or above his opponent for sneak attacks.
- V-Skill – A defensive move that can be used during the fight.
- Ryu’s allows him to parry incoming attacks with ease.
- M. Bison can reflect projectiles back at his opponent.
- Critical Arts – Flashy, multi-hit moves that can devastate an opponent. They’re unlocked after you fill the EX Gauge, which is done by causing damage to your opponent.
- New Stage – For the first time in Street Fighter, London is a stage. “King’s Cross Station,” specifically. And it has trombone-playing Queen’s Guard soldiers roaming about.
It might be worth noting that back in December, a NeoGAF user named Akibastman posted a rumor he’d been told about Street Fighter V, which included the new “V-Trigger” ability detailed in ShortList. In short, the rumor claimed:
- Street Fighter V won’t have “Super” or “Hyper” editions, only updates.
- The number of starting characters will be between Street Fighter III and Street Fighter IV‘s.
- There will be four new characters. These are three of them: Rachid (Africa), Zen (India), Laura (Brazil).
- Focus Attacks won’t return.
- The game will release in 2016 and the month is easy to guess if you think in terms of Japanese fiscal years.
- There is a new mechanic called “V-Trigger.”