Bandai Namco has released the first full set of Taiko Drum Master: V Version screenshots, showcasing the PS Vita game’s songs, RPG-like “Donda Quest” mode, and other features.
Get the details below.
The following songs have been confirmed:
- “Crossing Field” (Sword Art Online)
- “Ideal White” (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
- “Blazing” (Gundam Reconguista in G)
- “Only My Railgun” (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
- “Star!!” (The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls)
- “Seishun Satsubatsu Ron” (Assassination Classroom)
- “Imagination” (Haikyuu!!)
- “Guren no Yumiya” (Attack on Titan)
- “Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis” (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “Lost One no Goukoku” (Neru feat. Kagamine Rin)
- “Ren’nai Saiban” (40mP feat. Hatsune Miku)
- “Plus Danshi” (Giga Reol feat. Kagamine Len)
- “Nou Shou Sakuretsu Girl” (Rerulili feat. Hatsune Miku and GUMI)
- “Senbonzakura” (Kurousa-P feat. Hatsune Miku)
- “Roku-chou Nen to Ichiya Monogatari” (Kemu)
- “Yobanashi Deceive” (Jin)
- “To Make the End of Battle” (Ys I & II Chronicles)
- “Ashita he no Kodou” (The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki)
- “Let’s Kouken! Koi no Choueki ha 1,000,000-Nen” (Freedom Wars)
- “Blood Rage” (God Eater 2: Rage Burst)
- “Blazing Vortex” (Critical Velocity)
- “Daddy MULK” (Ninja Warriors)
- “The [email protected]” (The Idolmaster)
- “Gimme Choco!!”
- “Digital Mogra”
- “Follow Me”
- “Koisuru Fortune COokie”
- “Natsu Matsuri”
- “Doughnut Hole” (Kenshi Yonezu)
- “Senbonzakura ver. Sachiko Kobayashi”
- “Kibou he no Melody”
- “Kurokami Chronicle”
- “Cross Blue”
- “Donkama 2000”
- “Kare Kano Kanon”
In addition to the songs that ship with the game, more songs will be added via downloadable content.
■ Donda Quest Mode
In this new mode, you’ll play as Don-chan and new heroine Maple. To win battles, you’ll play out the rhythm game with the same controls as normal, but this time your opponent will take damage to his HP gauge based on your performance.
The story sees Don-chan sucked into a mysterious book and transported to a different world where there are two moons in the sky. While wandering this world, Don-chan is attacked by a huge dragon. But he is saved by a girl named Maple and together flee for their lives. Don-chan and Maple become friends, and Don-chan learns that those dragons are dangerous beings known as “Noise Monsters” and often attack the city. So together, the two use the power of music to take out the Noise Monsters one after another. However, the dragon that attacked them, an ancient dragon named Revolution, will appear again. Can the pair defeat the dragon and restore peace?
Players will be able to form a deck of cards and use their power during music battles. These cards include weapons and equipment, as well as support items and special moves. There are weapons that strike the enemy with a few combos, as well as weapons that strike the enemy with many combos and great damage.
By changing what Don-chan is wearing, you’ll be bestowed with support effects, which you can combine with your deck abilities.
In battle, when you play special move notes, a cut-in will appear. These moves have various effects, including dealing great damage to the enemy or recovering an ally’s HP. A number of guest characters will appear in the special move cut-ins, including The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls‘ New Generations unit and characters from God Eater 2: Rage Burst.
- Drum Training – Fast forward and rewind in this training mode to better your skills. New features include “Speed Modification,” which can help you get past those difficult parts of a song.
- Stamp Book – By clearing titles, you’ll earn various rewards, including additional outfits, drum sounds, and music sheets.
- Changing Outfits – You’ll be able to change Don-chan’s color, head accessory, and body accessory to your liking.
Taiko Drum Master: V Version is due out in Japan on July 3.
View the screenshots at the gallery.