PAX 2014 kicks off in Seattle tomorrow. Whether you’re attending or not (probably better for attendees, though!), we’ve put together this nifty guide to help you follow it all.
CD Projekt RED
- Booth: From August 29th to September 1st, the studio will host a series of live, developer-hosted gameplay sessions, during which players will have the chance to witness The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in its full glory. Additionally, expo attendees will have have a unique opportunity to participate in several on-site giveaways. Witcher fans who won’t be able to make it to Seattle can participate in contests on Wild Hunt’s social media channels here and here.
- Dead Island 2 (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Escape Dead Island (PS3, 360, PC)
- Metro Redux (PS4, XBO, PC)
- ??? (???)
- Panel: Quiz Hour with Deep Silver Volition: Project Reveal & Prizes (Friday, August 29th from 10 a.m. at the Sandworm Theater) – The creative minds and developers behind the Saints Row franchise invite you to participate in a quiz show hour with Natalie Lander, the voice of Kinzie! At the end of the panel, we’ll show you exclusive gameplay, art, and details for an upcoming project from Volition.
Indie Megabooth has a lineup of 78 games, viewable here, including Salt & Sanctuary (PS4, PSV), Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4, PSV, PC), Risk of Rain (PS4, PS3, PSV, PC), Dungeon of the Endless (XBO, PC), Chroma Squad (PS4, XBO, PS3, PSV, PC), Titan Souls (PS4, PSV, PC), and Dead State (PC).
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (XBO, 360)
- Fora Horizon 2 (XBO, 360)
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO)
- #IDARB (XBO)
- Killer Instinct: Season 2 (XBO)
- Knight Squad (XBO)
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (XBO)
- Ori and the Blind Forest (XBO, PC)
- Project Spark (XBO, PC)
- Project Totem (XBO)
- SpeedRunners (XBO)
- Sunset Overdrive (XBO)
- Panel: Halo and the Journey of The Master Chief (Saturday, August 30 from 11:00 a.m. at Benaroya Hall) – All the latest information on Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo: Nightfall, as well as a behind-the-scenes look with 343 Industries personalities Frank O’Connor, Kiki Wolfkill, Dan Ayoub, and more! Play the game, meet the team, get free swag, and be a part of Halo eSports history in the making. For those not able to attend PAX, the Halo panel and Halo PAX Prime Showdown will be live streamed on Twitch.
- Panel: Major Nelson Radio at PAX Prime (Saturday, August 30 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Spinx Theatre) – For the 10th year in a row, it’s Major Nelson Radio at PAX Prime! Like a fine wine that has gotten better with age, Major Nelson Radio goes down smooth and leaves no bitter aftertaste. Join Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson, e, lollip0p and JEF United as we record an episode of the award winning podcast “Major Nelson Radio” LIVE in front of a studio audience. We will have prizes, guests and probably fun.
- Off-Site: [email protected] Pre-PAX Open House (Thursday, August 28 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Microsoft Building 92) – Play 25 upcoming [email protected] titles including Legend of Raven, Chariot, Pneuma, Threes!, and more.
- Booth and Off-Site: Get your photo taken in our Sunset Overdrive Photo Booth located at the Paramount Theatre or hop a ride on the Sunset Overdrive Bus to grab a “Sunset City” burger at Li’l Woody’s over the weekend.
- Booth: Assemble your Spartan fireteam and come qualify in the “Halo PAX Prime Showdown” for a chance at the $10,000 prize pool. Come to the ASTRO Gaming (Booth #842) and Skullcandy Gaming (Booth #3117) areas on Friday, 8/29 to get hands-on with Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer and qualify for the Halo PAX Prime Showdown. At the end of the day, we’ll be taking the top performers from each booth, and giving them a spot in the 8-team weekend finals on Saturday and Sunday.
- Booth: Be the first to demo the new touch-based, free-to-play game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, grab medieval weapons and get your picture taken in the OneDrive booth, or compete in other Age of Empires games on our daily Twitch stream at the Age of Empires booth! All will earn you your own limited edition Castle Siege Pinny Arcade pin and your Castle Siege bandana (while supplies last). Join The Siege!
- Booth: Wanna survive the zombie apocalypse? Then come on over to Booth N5; 4th floor, and meet Undead Labs and the State of Decay development team! Come play State of Decay as well as the latest DLC, “State of Decay: Lifeline”. On Saturday between 1-3pm, come meet both one of the authors who inspired the franchise, J.L. Bourne, and Drew Hobson, the voice-actor behind “Marcus”….and others. Who knows, there might even be some surprises in store. #snacksofdecay
- Costume Quest 2 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC) – Booth #6808
- Massive Challice (XBO, PC) – Booth #117
- Slender: The Arrival (PS3, 360) – Booth #6808
- Videoball (PC) – Booth #6808
- Panel: The Game Industry Rumble Live on the N64 (Sunday, August 31 from 10 a.m. at Hedgehog Theater) – VP of Publishing Casey Lynch represents Midnight City in a no-holds-barred sports entertainment event for the ages.
- Panel: Guilty Pleasure Games We Hate to Love (Monday, September 1 from 1:30 p.m. at Sandworm Theater) – Join Community Viking Blake Morse as he champions his sweet indulgence – Dynasty Warriors.
- Booth: Midnight City is celebrating our first anniversary at PAX Prime 2014 in Seattle, WA by hosting the Costume Quest 2 ‘Trick or Treat’ Collector’s Challenge with Double Fine Productions and friends. Players must collect a complete set of four buttons you can ONLY find at our booths. Massive Chalice will be playable at Double Fine (#117) and Costume Quest 2, Slender: The Arrival and Videoball will be at Midnight City (#6808). Play each of the four games, collect their pins then visit Oni Press & Fangamer (#3808) to check out their upcoming comic Costume Quest: Invasion of the Candy Snatchers to finish off the set. Show us all five buttons at Midnight City to snag one of our 2014 Skull shirts OR a Costume Quest 2 Trick or Treatin’ Bag.
- Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS)
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
- Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
- Pokemon Art Academy (3DS)
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)
- Stealth Inc. 2 (Curve Digital)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U)
- Swords & Soldiers II (Wii U)
- Booth: During the show, Nintendo will have a variety of other fun activities and offerings at its booth, including a dedicated Pokemon area where fans can meet up with fellow Pokemon Trainers to battle and trade.
- Off-Site: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS #SmashBash – To amp up the excitement for the first appearance of Nintendo’s coolest fighting game on a portable system, Nintendo will be bringing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS to locations around Seattle on Friday and Saturday of the show to give people in the city a chance to play as well. Follow Nintendo’s social media channels to learn where these #SmashBash events will take place.
- Off-Site: Hyrule Warriors Event – After PAX Prime shuts down at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 30, people eager to check out the upcoming Hyrule Warriors game for Wii U can visit the Renaissance Seattle Hotel at 515 Madison St. from 7 to 10 p.m. This event will be open to the public, and a PAX badge is not required for entry. Attendees will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis, as space allows. Cosplaying fans dressed as characters from The Legend of Zelda series will be able to fast-track into the event ahead of the general public. Anyone dressed in The Legend of Zelda gear or wearing a Hyrule Warriors T-shirt (available at the event while supplies last) can enter a drawing for a chance to win some cool original Hyrule Warriors concept artwork. Fans can enter by taking a picture against a special backdrop and tweeting the image with specific hashtags. The winner will be chosen at random toward the end of the event, and the winner must be present to claim the prize.
- Alien: Isolation (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS3, PSV)
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)
- Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS)
- Booth: Survive the Alien: Isolation Demo – Survive the demo for the chance to win exclusive limited edition Alien jackets (while supplies last).
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
- Booth: At the end of each day, the leaderboard winner for the day’s Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions players will be selected to receive* a custom-made, Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions-themed figurine – shown on display at the booth.
- Apotheon (PS4)
- Axiom Verge (PS4)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Broforce (PS4)
- Chasm (PS4)
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PSTV)
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4)
- Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition (PS4)
- Driveclub (PS4)
- Escape Goat 2 (PS4)
- Far Cry 4 (PS4)
- Freedom Wars (PSV)
- Galak-Z: The Dimensional (PS4)
- Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (PS4)
- Guns Up! (PS4)
- Helldivers (PS4)
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PSV)
- inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
- Minecraft: PS Vita Edition (PSV)
- Murasaki Baby (PSV)
- N++ (PS4)
- Natural Doctrine (PSV)
- Nidhogg (PS4)
- Nuclear Throne (PS4)
- The Order: 1886 (PS4)
- Secret Ponchos (PS4)
- Spelunky (PS4)
- Tales of Hearts R (PSV)
- The Talos Principle (PS4)
- Tetris Ultimate (PSTV)
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Panel: How Media Molecule Made the Fourth-Wall-Breaking Papery World of Tearaway (Saturday, August 30 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Sandworm Theater) – Tearaway is a game about a little messenger in a papery world held entirely in your hands, with a fourth wall breaking design that makes you as much a part of the story as your little messenger friend. Learn how we designed and built a realistic paper world that flexes, folds, tears and crumples at your very touch, how paper influenced every part of the game’s construction from the art style, to the sound effects, music and UI, and what’s next for the world of Tearaway.
- Panel: Grim Fandango: Bringing the Dead Back to Life (Saturday, August 30 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Main Theater) – In 1998, Tim Schafer released Grim Fandango, his final game at Lucas Arts before leaving to start Double Fine Productions. The game saw great critical success and has gone on to be considered one of the great classics. Now, over 15 years later, the game is being re-released as Grim Fandango Remastered, debuting on PlayStation 4 & PS Vita. Join a panel consisting of both the game’s original creators and the team responsible for the new release as they discuss the game’s original development, their feelings on the game looking back, and how they are approaching development on the new release!
- Booth: Tim Schafer from Double Fine will be in the booth on Friday and Saturday from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. to sign special posters for Grim Fandago Remastered. The posters will be in limited supply, so come early for a chance to get one!
- Booth: Visit The Order: 1886 area for a chance to win a PS4 signed by members of the development team, Ready At Dawn. We’ll have all the details on how to win the console in our booth, though it may involve wearing #TheGalahad…
- Booth: All PAX goers are welcome to come by our booth for some four-player, Freedom Wars co-op. On top of that, fans that preorder the game at the show will walk away with an extremely limited PAX-Exclusive Freedom Wars t-shirt, featuring the ever so charming Percy Propa! For the Greater Good!
- Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (iOS, Android)
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (iOS, Android)
- Hitman: Sniper (iOS, Android)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (PS3)
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Nosgoth (PC)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)
- Booth: Hitman: Sniper Tournaments – Held hourly in the Square Enix booth. At the end of each day, the player with the highest score from all of the tournaments, will have their high-score integrated into the final game at launch with a special elite treatment.
- Off-Site: Hitman: Sniper Community Event – Held by Unity and Square Enix Montréal at the Hard Rock Café (116 Pike St) on Friday, August 29th from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The Grand Prize winner at the community event will win an impressive prize package, which includes the opportunity to be integrated into the game as a villain for Agent 47 to eliminate with their custom 3D model.
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue (PS3, 360)
- The Crew (PS4, XBO, 360, PC)
- Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
- Tetris Ultimate (PS4, XBO, PSV, 3DS)
- Toy Soldiers: War Chest (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Booth: Tetris Ultimate will be the subject of two events on Sunday, August 31, a panel and an autograph session. “Tetris: The Video Game That Changed the World” will take place from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Hedgehog Theatre at the Grand Hyatt. Sit down with Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov and Ubisoft developers for a deep dive into the franchise’s global impact, personal anecdotes from the last 30 years and a look to the future with its latest iteration, Tetris Ultimate. Alexey Pajitnov will also be holding a meet-and-greet autograph session from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Paramount Theatre, located at 911 Pine Street.
- Booth: The Next Level, the inclusive competition initiative from Ubisoft, will celebrate its first anniversary with daily competitions challenging participants to show their skills in a variety of games, including the highly anticipated Far Cry 4. Attendees can also enter the PAX Passport Challenge and fans at home can enter online at www.tnlvl.com. Watch or participate in the competition at The Next Level booth, #632, or tune into the live stream event on Twitch.
- World of Tanks (PC)
- World of Tanks: Blitz (iOS)
- World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition (360)
- World of Warplanes (PC)
- World of Warships (PC)
- Booth: The fun will also continue with a full schedule of stage activities, interviews, and special guests, complete with prizing from partners such as Plantronics, Intel, J!NX, Razer and more. The festivities will also be live streamed on the Wargaming official Twitch channel, where stream viewers will get their own chance to walk away with prizes and bonus codes.
- Off-Site: Wargaming.net League North American eSports finals – Scheduled to take place at the Showbox SoDo in Seattle on August 30th from 5:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., the event will pit the top World of Tanks players in the Americas against each other for a chance to win a share of a $100,000 prize pool as well as the chance to attend the global Grand Finals in 2015. Attendees will not only get to see some of the country’s best players prove their skills, but also walk away with premium tanks and other swag to be given out throughout the event. This will also be live streamed on the Wargaming official Twitch channel.