Forza Horizon 2 will launch for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September 30, Microsoft announced during its E3 press conference this morning.
Pre-orders include a set of exclusive Day One Edition cars.
The open-world sequel includes a number of new features, including off-road racing, the ability to crash through fences, plow through forests and cornfields, and even find secret carsd hidden in barns.
Online, players can join Car Clubs that hold up to 1,000 members, and play with friends in drop-in, drop-out multiplayer. Forza Motorsport 5‘s Drivatars also return.
The game features over 200 cars, including the Lamborghini Huracan, as well as other muscle, tuner, and exotic cars. Every car offers a full cockpit view, along with working windshield wipers and headlights.
Finally, the game also introduces a full day/night cycle and weather effects.
Watch the E3 trailer below. View some new screenshots at the gallery.
Find a fact sheet below.
Race through a massive wide-open world featuring dramatic weather and day-to-night cycles. Instantly connect with friends in the ultimate celebration of speed, style, and action-packed driving. Explore beautiful and exotic locations in more than 200 of the world’s greatest cars, all created with precise detail in stunning 1080p.
Explore a Massive, Living Open World – A world of beauty and freedom awaits.
• The next evolution of the best-in-class Forza graphics engine delivers full day and night cycle with spectacular weather, lighting, and visual effects.
• An epic road trip career mode adapts to your car choices with hundreds of events across a beautiful and diverse European landscape.
• However you like to play, there is an endless variety of free-roam driving fun. Whether you’re racing, hunting hidden treasures like exotic barn find cars, or showing off your customized rides at car meet locations spread across the world, the choice is yours.
Action-Packed Driving – Take risks and earn rewards for showing off your driving skills and style.
• Smash through fences onto back country dirt trails, plow though fields of crops and dense forests, and discover new shortcuts on your thrilling, high- speed adventures.
• Race against aircraft and trains in thrilling Showcase events.
• Make your name at the Horizon Festival. Whether you’re racing in traffic, catching huge air, or racking up skill points and combos with awesome stunts, your legacy begins here.
Instantly Connect with Friends on Xbox One.
• Jump between solo and online play instantly. No lobbies, no waiting.
• Join friends online and free roam together, compete in races and team modes, or take part in fun co-op Bucket List challenges.
• Join or create your own Car Club of up to 1000 members to expand your network of friends and rule the leaderboards.
• In solo play, Drivatar™ technology fills your world with your friends even when they aren’t online.
Your Ultimate Car Fantasy – Drive more than 200 of the world’s greatest cars.
• A diverse collection of amazing vehicles ranging from extreme off-roaders to modern supercars, classic muscle, and much more.
• Every car and truck is recreated in obsessive detail, with full cockpit views, including functional windshield wipers, working headlights, and authentic interiors.
• The Horizon Festival invites you to join its celebration of cars, music, freedom, and fun on the world’s greatest roads. Get ready for the road trip of your life!