QuakeCon 2013 has kicked off in Dallas, Texas, and Bethesda is live-streaming all of its major presentations on Twitch TV.
The schedule will begin later today with an opening ceremony from id Software’s Tim Willits and Bethesda’s Pete Hines, followed by John Carmack’s annual keynote presentation. Will we finally hear about DOOM 4? Let’s hope so.
Find the full schedule below, courtesy of Bethesda.
Thursday, August 1st
- QuakeCon 2013 Welcome (2:30 p.m. PST / 4:30 p.m. CST / 5:30 p.m. EST) – id Software’s Tim Willits and Bethesda’s Pete Hines kick off the festivities with news and announcements surrounding the show.
- QuakeCon Keynote Presented by John Carmack (immediately following the QuakeCon 2013 Welcome) – As is tradition at QuakeCon, id Software co-founder and technical director John Carmack takes the stage to for an educational and entertaining discussion about his work, technology, and what’s on his mind. Brace yourself!
Friday, August 2nd
- The Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay Presentation (10:30 a.m. PST / 12:30 p.m. CST / 1:30 p.m. EST) – Check out the first streamed gameplay of The Elder Scrolls Online, live from QuakeCon 2013! Don’t miss never-before-seen areas as ZeniMax Online Studio’s creative director, Paul Sage joins other members of ZeniMax Online Studios team to show off the latest chapter in the Elder Scrolls saga.
- The Physics of Light and Rendering: A Talk by John Carmack (3 p.m. PST / 5 p.m. CST / 6 p.m. EST) – John Carmack returns to the mains stage to explain how light behaves in the real world, and the approximations and compromises that are involved in simulating the behavior with computers. This lecture will be geared towards those interested in the interactions of light in the world and how computer software simulates it. Note: Not for the technically faint at heart.
Saturday, August 3rd
- Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Game Presentation (10:30 a.m. PST / 12:30 p.m. CST / 1:30 p.m. EST) – See gameplay for Dishonored’s final add-on, The Brigmore Witches, two weeks before its August 13th release date. On stage to share the game and answer fan questions will be Arkane Studios’ Raphael Colantonio, Ricardo Bare, and Seth Shain. Have questions about the content? Be sure to ask them on Twitter using the #BrigmoreQuakeCon hashtag.
- From Sketchbook to the Big Screen: A talk by id Software’s Hugo Martin (1:00 p.m. PST / 3:00 p.m. CST / 4:00 p.m. EST) – Before becoming id Software’s art director, Hugo Martin was an integral part of defining the vision for one of the most entertaining blockbusters of the year, Pacific Rim. A must-see panel for artists interested in breaking into the entertainment industry.