Zero Wing is a shoot ’em up video game developed and published by Toaplan. The PC versions is ported and published by Bitwave Games.
Zero Wing blasts onto PC for the first time ever!
Toaplan’s classic 1989 arcade shooter is back and upgraded with an armada of features, like the brand-new beginner mode, arcade-accurate emulation, quick saves, and online leaderboards! At its time, critics praised Zero Wing for its skill-based gameplay, and it is nowadays mainly credited with giving rise to the internet meme “All your base are belong to us.”
CATS, the cyborg commander of a band of swashbuckling space pirates, is terrorizing the galaxy. You must pilot the only remaining Milky Way attack craft into combat to stop CATS and his buccaneers!
- Skill-based shoot ’em up action with horizontal scrolling in a treacherous galaxy full of enemies, bosses and levels!
- Capture your enemies with the powerful “Seizer Beam” and fire them at their allies for devastating destruction!
- Take control of the Red Scatter Cannon, Blue Laser, and Green Homing Missiles and upgrade them for even greater damage!
- Invite a second player at any time in the co-op version!
- Rock out to the original soundtrack from composers Tatsuya Uemura, Masahiro Yuge, and Toshiaki Tomizawa.
PC Quality of Life Improvements
- Minimal Input Lag: Emulation, input processing, and rendering all complete on the same frame.
- Quick Save using F1-F10, Reload with Shift+ F1-F10
- Online leaderboards for Single Credit, No Assist, and Assisted plays.
- Instrument panels with extra gameplay information and artwork.
- Rewind the game between 10-18 minutes, depending on the action.
- Capture sharable replays to immortalize your interstellar victories (or funny moments).
- Assist Features such as auto-fire at multiple rates.
- Very Easy Mode: Lower the difficulty to breeze through the adventure.
- Pixel perfect or full-screen scaling in windowed or full-screen mode.
- Rotate the gameplay in 90-degree increments.
- Steam Achievements.
- Choose between Raw Input on Windows or Steam Input.
Zero Wing News
Zero Wing GalleriesView full gallery
August 18, 2022