Truxton is a shoot ’em up video game developed and published by Toaplan. The PC version is ported and published by Bitwave Games.
“Power on! All systems go! Take off!”
Truxton (known in Japan as Tatsujin) loops back in full glory with modern luxuries, including online leaderboards, arcade-accurate emulation, quick saves, and the brand-new beginner mode. It’s a no-frills, all-thrills arcade blast and a stellar showing of Toaplan’s signature blend of action, speed, and excitement that’s kept gamers on their toes for decades!
A swarm of ruthless Gidans armed with tanks, guns, and explosives are zooming your way for an all-points takeover! Confront the invaders head-on in your Super Fighter, the mightiest assault ship in the universe, and blast them to kingdom come!
- Take out all asteroid bases across massive stages in this vertically-scrolling shooter!
- Fight off alien hordes using several weapon styles, including the mighty Truxton Beam, Power Shot, and Thunder Laser. Each capable of disintegrating any speeding onslaught!
- Wreak even more havoc by upgrading all weapon types over a, multiplying their raw destructive powers!
- Get into an alien zapping mood with Masahiro Yuge’s original soundtrack.
PC Quality of Life Improvements
- Minimal Input Lag: Emulation, input processing, and rendering all complete on the same frame.
- Quick Save using F1-F10, Reload with Shift+ F1-F10.
- Online leaderboards for Single Credit, No Assist, and Assisted plays.
- Instrument panels with extra gameplay information and artwork.
- Rewind the game between 10 to 18 minutes, depending on the action.
- Capture sharable replays to immortalize your alien-blasting memories (or funny moments).
- Assist Features such as auto-fire at multiple rates.
- Very Easy Mode: Lower the difficulty to breeze through the adventure.
- Pixel perfect or full-screen scaling in windowed or full-screen mode.
- Rotate the gameplay in 90-degree increments.
- Steam Achievements.
- Choose between Raw Input on Windows or Steam Input.
- Hone your skills in the ultra customizable practice mode!
Truxton GalleriesView full gallery
October 27, 2022