The Last Night is a platformer developed by Odd Tales and published by Raw Fury.
Humans first knew the era of survival. Then they knew the era of work. Now they live in the era of leisure. Machines have surpassed human labor not only in strength, but in precision, intellect, and creativity. The fight for survival doesn’t mean food and water, but a purpose for living. People now define themselves by what they consume, not what they create.
The Last Night immerses you in the everyday life of Charlie, a second-class citizen living in a city brimming with augmentation and citizens living a gamified existence—none of which Charlie can experience himself due to a childhood accident. Apathetic and disheartened by the seemingly pointless world around him, Charlie is presented with an opportunity to take matters into his own hands. But at what risk?
- Explore a Breathtaking Post-Cyberpunk World – Roam freely across four varied and vibrant districts in a unique blend of 2D and 3D. Travel between areas with futuristic transportation and wind your way through dense crowds, drones, and unique characters — as long as you have the right to be there.
- Immersive, Revolutionary Visuals – Experience a city of gorgeous pixel art, drawn and animated by hand combined with state-of-the-art compositing techniques and camera work. The result is an immersive aesthetic, modernizing the cinematic platformer genre.
- Contextual Stealth and Gunplay – Each encounter in The Last Night is handcrafted to ensure variety and narrative progression. Use your acquired knowledge of the city to hide from drones, skirt around police, and escape dangerous situations – or people.
- Real-Time Action Dialogues – Draw your gun to intimidate or simply walk away while in the middle of dialogue. NPCs will stroll and chat alongside you rather than just stand around. They’ll even remember what you’ve said, night after night. Make sure to watch your mouth as much as your back.
- A Rich, Personal Narrative – Experience an unfiltered, futuristic society through the personal lens of Charlie, an ordinary low-class citizen – from the daily routine to extraordinary events. Live the stories of the city and its inhabitants in a world that may have you questioning modern life.
- Dynamic, Original Soundtrack – Showing you a side of the city that the camera can’t, the soundtrack and audio design places you directly into the heart of the world. From the music playing in shops as you stroll by to hover-cars blasting above you and the stories overheard through open windows, everything has been crafted to enhance the visuals and fully immerse you in this living, breathing environment.
The Last Night News
The Last Night coming to Xbox One as console launch exclusive
The Last Night GalleriesView full gallery
June 11, 2017