Puzzle Bobble 2X / BUST-A-MOVE 2 Arcade Edition & Puzzle Bobble 3 / BUST-A-MOVE 3 S-Tribute is a puzzle video game developed and published by City Connection.
Puzzle Bobble is a series of puzzle games in which the player fires bubbles from the bottom of the screen, and the bubbles pop when three or more of the same color stick together.
The player clears each stage when they meet the conditions for that stage. Higher points are scored when many bubbles are dropped at once or when bubbles are popped by shooting bubbles and bouncing them off the walls.
Have fun playing alone in puzzle mode, where you can take your time solving puzzles, or with a friend in versus mode, where you fire bubbles at each other.
Enjoy ports of the arcade games Puzzle Bobble 2X and Puzzle Bobble 3, as well as four home console versions released in Japan and abroad, with added original modes.
The games also have new features such as rewind, slow mode, and quick save, which are perfect for practice, strategizing, and stage creation.
- Arcade Editions of Puzzle Bobble 2X / BUST-A-MOVE 2 Arcade Edition – Home console ports of the Japanese and overseas versions of the arcade games Puzzle Bobble 2 and Puzzle Bobble 2X (one or two players).
- Arcade Editions of Puzzle Bobble 3 / BUST-A-MOVE 3 – Home console ports of the Japanese and overseas versions of the arcade game Puzzle Bobble 3 (one or two players).
- Challenge Mode – Meet certain conditions to clear stages (Puzzle Bobble 3 / BUST-A-MOVE 3).
- Collection Mode – Play a total of 1,026 stages designed by players from the time (Puzzle Bobble 3).
- Edit Mode – Place bubbles in the field to create your own stages (Puzzle Bobble 2X / BUST-A-MOVE 2 Arcade Edition).
Convenient Features and Option Settings Only Available in S-Tribute
- Rewind – Rewind gameplay a by certain amount of time and resume.
- Slow Mode – Slow game pace down with a single button press.
- Quick Save / Load – Save game state at any point.
- Unlimited Credits – The limit on the number of continues can be disabled, allowing for infinite continues.
- Scan Lines – Mimics the nostalgic CRT monitor display.
About the S-Tribute Series
Reprints of classics produced and developed by City Connection with the Zebra Engine during the Saturn era. Play a variety of titles with improved controls and new features.