ghostpia Season One is a visual novel video game developed by Chosuido and published by room6 and Yokaze.
ghostpia Season One is a visual novel with cute visuals that look like a picture book, adorned with glitches and noise, and characterized by nostalgic expressions. We were inspired by the well-known expression “graphic novel” in the west.
This work belongs to the genre called visual novel, but as a more graphical visual novel, we call it “denshi graphic novel” (“denshi” means electronic in Japanese).
Isolated from the world by snow, a town lies barren near the farthest station. A town exists where ghosts flood the streets at night. But we aren’t really ghosts. We are immortal. Unable to die, with our unending lives, we took to referring to ourselves like that.
They say this is an ideal town. A true utopia for ghosts. “But is it really? Can you really call this place a utopia?”
This is Sayako, and her plight. For you see, Sayako is the only one in town who doesn’t truly belong. All the while she is sharing a room with the mysterious new girl in town, Yoru.
More than anything in the world, Sayako longs to return home to her hometown. To set off beyond the unfathomable vast desert of snow, beyond where nobody has ever gone. To the home she could only dream was out there. To be able to remember what she has forgotten, the thing she holds the most dear.
That is her dream.
“In a hopeless town such as this, a useless girl like me can’t help but dream.”
- The gameplay has only single storyline. There are no quick-time events and branches.
- You just read the story and immerse into the world.
- You will meet Sayoko, the heroine, and her friends.
- As you proceed, you will learn what happened between Sayoko and her friends.
- Several scenes are accompanied by animation.
- Sometimes you can rewind the story as if it is VHS tape.
- ghostpia Season One doesn’t require complex gameplay skills.
- Anyone can play and enjoy the story.
ghostpia Season One News
ghostpia Season One GalleriesView full gallery
March 15, 2023