Taipei Game Show 2020
February 6 - February 9
Taipei Game Show 2020 will run from February 6 to 9 at the Nangang Exhibition Center in Taipei City, Taiwan.
Asia Pacific Game Summit
The Asia Pacific Game Summit of Taipei Game Show 2020 runs from February 6 to 7 at the Main Stage & Indie Salon in Area J of the Nangang Exhibition Center. It revolves around six key themes including “Game Development,” “Business and Marketing,” “eSports,” “Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality,” “Indie Games,” and “Tech Trends,” featuring Japan-renowned speakers such as”
- Shinji Hashimoto (Square Enix executive director)
- Atsushi Inaba (Platinum Games executive vice president and studio director)
- Hideki Kamiya, (Platinum Games senior vice president and chief game designer)
Japanese video game music composer Manami Matsumae will also be speaking at the Asia Pacific Game Summit for the first time.
Additionally, the conference is inviting 9GAG, JeSU, GungHo Online Entertainment, Animoca Brands, LinkedBrain, ARPLANET, WOWWOW LAB, Bandai Namco Entertainment Taiwan, DMM Games, FSN Asia, and QooApp to share their insights on some of the latest trends, such as gamer community building, Japanese eSports markets, blockchain gaming, motion-sensing and augmented reality, and video game marketing.
The Indie Salon is a dedicated showcase for creations by famous indie developers such as Momo-Pi from Switzerland, Motion Twin from France, Metronomik from Malaysia, Devespresso Games from Korea, Brace Yourself Games from Canada, IMBA Interactive from Singapore, Muse Games from the United States, as well as Taiwanese developers Sickgame, Toii, and Gamtropy.
The 2020 edition of Taiwan’s biggest games show is expanding its exhibitor lineup in the console, online, and mobile games space, as well as in eSports and entertainment gear. Developers and publishers exhibiting the B2C Zone include:
- Bandai Namco Entertainment Taiwan
- Google Play
- GungHo Online Entertainment
- International Games System
- Komoe Game
- Netmarble Corporation
- PWB Play
- Sega Games
- Soft-World International Corporation
- Sony Interactive Entertainment Taiwan
- Winking Entertainment
eSports brands bringing their latest gear to the show include:
- Cooler Master
- Republic of Gamers
Visitors can also check out the 100-plus indie games demonstrated at the Indie House or enjoy their time in BoardGame Wonderland, which offers hands-on tutorials.
The B2C Zone will be open from February 6 to 9 (9:00 to 17:00 local time) at Area K on ground floor and entire fourth floor of TaiNEX1. BoardGame Wonderland and Indie House are located in the B2C Zone at Area K on the Ground Floor of TaiNEX1.
B2B Zone and Indie House (B2B Zone) together will feature nearly 300 exhibitors from 20 countries, with Taiwan, Japan, and Korea being the top three countries. Other countries include Austria, Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, the United States. Among the registered exhibitors are
- Plug In Digital
- So-net Entertainment Taiwan
- Quantum Games from Taiwan
- FunYours Technology
- Chinese Gamer International Corp.
- Wanin Games
- United States
- And more!
In addition to these exhibitors that are mainly game developers, publishers, marketers, art designers, payment services, and blockchain games, there will be a co-hosted Taiwan ACGN-IP Area that features 100-plus animations, comics, games, and novels (ACGN) from 26 Taiwanese publishers.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Taiwan
Sony Interactive Entertainment Taiwan will exhibit Taipei Game Show 2020 under the theme “You are A STAR.” The PlayStation booth will feature a number of demos for upcoming PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR games, as well as stage events featuring special guests (schedule and live streaming details to be announced). The booth will also host a PlayStation Plus members exclusive area and the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Taiwan Championship.
Here is Sony’s lineup of games:
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4) – Trailer
- Elden Ring (PS4) – Trailer (E3 2019 Trailer)
- Fairy Tail (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Gleamlight (PS4) – Trailer
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Gungrave G.O.R.E (PS4) – Trailer
- Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story (PS4) – Trailer
- The Last of Us Part II (PS4) – Trailer
- Marvel’s Avengers (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- NBA 2K20 (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Nioh 2 (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Persona 5 Royal (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Resident Evil Resistance (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Tales of Arise (PS4) – Trailer
- Trials of Mana (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4) – Trailer
- Yo-kai Watch 4++ (PS4) – Trailer
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4) – Playable, Trailer