Cotton Fantasy, known as Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll in Japan, will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on May 20 in the west, publisher ININ Games announced.
In Japan, Cotton Fantasy launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 23, 2021. A PC version is also planned.
Here is an overview of the game, via ININ Games:
Cotton Fantasy (known in Japan as Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll) is a brand-new and modern Cotton game, coming 30 years after the first entry of this legendary Cute ’em up series graced the screens!
The story: Something sinister is in the making—the willows are vanishing from Fairyland and the Fairy Queen entrusts Silk with solving the case. Who could be behind this devious ploy? For a promised lifetime all-you-can-eat supply of tasty willows, the little witch Cotton is willing to help her old friend out and embark on another adventure together.
- High-definition graphics and brand-new shoot ’em up game mechanics.
- Six iconic, playable characters to choose from, each with different mechanics and attacks, even including guest characters like Umihara Kawase (from the equally named series) and Luffee from Doki Doki Poyacchio.
- Easily accessible Shoot ‘em up gameplay, perfect for newcomers, but with enough depth for veterans
- 16 colorful and varied scrolling stages, with vertical, horizontal, and 3D movement.
- Light-hearted story with fun and charming cutscenes voiced entirely in Japanese (English subtitles included).
- Exhilarating soundtrack featuring iconic remastered tracks from past games.
- Unlockable content and different characters offer high replayability.
- Aim for the high score in your nation with the featured ranking boards.
Watch a new trailer below.