Studio Pomidori, a developer based in Sardinia, Italy, has announced Onomatopeya, a shop management puzzle game about Japanese onomatopoeia. It will launch in 2022. Platforms have yet to be announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Studio Pomidori:
Onomatopeya is a puzzle game where you will discover the fun side of Japanese onomatopoeia while managing a strange little shop. You play as Corto, the new part-timer clerk, and your job is to find a match to the requests of the quirky clientele. Here’s the catch: they are looking for something that corresponds to a certain onomatopoeia! Look around the shop and play with all the items there, you will surely find something! And if you don’t know Japanese onomatopoeia don’t worry! Everyone in town will be happy to give you a hint. Onomatopeya is a game for all ages, accessible to both Japanese and non-Japanese people. For non Japanese speakers it will have all the hints and information to give them an introduction to the quirky world of Japanese onomatopoeia.
- Discover Japanese onomatopoeia while managing a strange little shop in Onomatopeya!
- Featuring over 30 Japanese onomatopoeia and over a 100 objects you can play with.
- Meet over 10 quirky characters.
- Suited for all ages, and for both Japanese and non Japanese speakers.
- Explore a little shop full of curiosities, in a gorgeous hand-drawn style.
- Featuring music and sound design from Alessandro Corona, known for his beautiful work in Mutazione.