E3 2021 online portal and app detailedRegistration begins later in May.
The Entertainment Software Association have announced first details on the E3 2021 online portal and app.
The online portal and app will act as a hub for the show, featuring virtual “booths,” hosted events, video conferencing, profiles and avatars, forums, and more. Media access will open on June 7, followed by public access on June 12. Registration is free and will begin later in May.
The public version of the online portal going live on June 12 will include access to the following:
- Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor.
- Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees.
- Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees.
- Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible.
- Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized.
The portal and app will also feature the E3 2021 live broadcast with interactive overlays powered by Hovercast, including viewer polls, featured tweets, and more. It will be hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing, and Greg Miller and feature major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended live streams, and special guest appearances.
During the five-day long media week prior to June 12, media will gain early access to connect with E3 2021 exhibitors, as well as a calendar tool to schedule appointments, including video conferencing and chat features. Media registration will also begin later in May.
E3 2021 will run from June 12 to 13.