Hoplon will release free-to-play multiplayer vehicular combat game Heavy Metal Machines for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 23, the developer announced.
The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will support cross-platform multiplayer across all platforms, including the previously released PC (Steam) version.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox one users will also be able to redeem the free “Battle Pass Pack” downloadable content until March 8, which includes the latest Metal Pass Premium season, Machines, and other items.
Also on February 23, Hoplon will release “some major gameplay updates” to the game outside of the new Metal Pass season.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Heavy Metal Machines is a one of a kind free-to-play multiplayer vehicular combat game where players engage in 4v4 intense battles, controlling lethal vehicles in post-apocalyptic arenas.
- A Whole New Experience – Heavy Metal Machines‘ combination of unique vehicles, fast-paced combat, and post-apocalyptic sports arenas will take you to a whole new gameplay experience.
- A Roster of Unique Vehicles – Ranging from a car crushing Monster Truck and a heavy armored Tank to a blade thrower Motorcycle and a magnetic Tow Truck, each of the many vehicles has a different set of weapons and gameplay styles that bring a wide range of strategic possibilities to each match.
- Become a Metal Gladiator – You can play Heavy Metal Machines casually, or if you want to spice things up, join the Ranked Mode to be godlike, or create your Team and bring it to the Colosseum, an in-game Tournament, to battle for prizes and prestige.
- Newcomers are Welcome – If you are new to Heavy Metal Machines, no worries! Training modes are available to sharpen your skills.
- Competition – If you feel competitive, you can participate in Community Tournaments, or even the Metal League, Heavy Metal Machines‘ Official Tournament, that features cash-prizes to fuel the game’s eSports scene.
- Play Together – Meet new players in the game or bring your friends for way more fun!
- May the Best Gladiator Win – Heavy Metal Machines is free-to-play and not pay-to-win. Rest assured that there is no way to buy in-game items that give vehicles gameplay advantages.
- One of a kind gameplay, combining unique vehicles, combat, and sports.
- Four-versus-four team-based multiplayer.
- Play casually, ranked, or join competitive tournaments.
- Training modes are available to sharpen newcomers’ skills.
- Meet new players in the game or bring your friends for way more fun!
- Multiple vehicles with unique weapons and gameplay styles.
- Insane Arenas with different challenges and strategies.
- New content is continuously added, including new Vehicles, Arenas, Battle Passes, and Seasonal Events.
- Heavy Metal Machines is not pay-to-win.
- A Legend Reborn: narrated by Larry Huffman, from Rock ‘n Roll Racing.
Watch a new trailer below.