Open-world RPG Disco Elysium: Final Cut will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, and Stadia in March 2021, followed by Xbox Series and Switch in summer 2021, developer ZA/UM announced at The Game Awards 2020. Existing owners of Disco Elysium will receive the Final Cut as a free upgrade.
iam8bit will also sell an exclusive Collector’s Edition of Disco Elysium: Final Cut for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Switch for $249.99. It will include:
- Innovative “Layers of the Id” premium box
- Hand-painted “Mind Totem” vinyl sculpture
- 190-plus page hardbound art book featuring oodles of previously unreleased art and stories
- Illustrated fabric map of the District of Martinaise
- Physical edition of Disco Elysium with reversible cover, housed in an elegant slipcase
- Region-free worldwide compatibility
Here is an overview of the Final Cut, via ZA/UM:
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the smash-hit RPG. Get even more out of this award-winning open world. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders, or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.
- New Political Vision Quests – Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting – All of the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability – Full controller support and customization lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5.
- Real Role-playing – Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools—from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom – Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
- Free Upgrade For All – The Final Cut will be available at no extra cost to all current owners of Disco Elysium. Original players expand their experience for free while new players can enjoy the new content from their first playthrough.
Watch the announcement trailer below.