Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Mediatonic have released the mid-season update for Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, which adds new round variations, a new obstacle called “Big Yeetus,” and a new anti-cheating system for PC.
Here are the patch notes:
- [PC] Our new anti-cheating system for PC is now in!
- [PC] Added ability to bind game actions to mouse buttons.
- [PS4] Improved stability when creating parties on PlayStation 4.
- Objects in certain rounds will now have dynamic variations from one playthrough to the next, including new objects entirely. We plan to expand this system in the future to more rounds.
- Big Yeetus
- Improved stability when progressing from one round to another, there should be less disconnections in the qualification screen and round loading now.
- Fall Ball timer down to 120 seconds from 150.
- Lowered Min Player Counts for some levels to increase round variety.
And here is a more in-depth overview, via Devolver Digital:
Mediatonic has implemented Epic’s Easy Anti-Cheat in order to combat players using tools that hook into the game to apply hacks to our unsuspecting Fall Guys. Easy Anti-Cheat is used by the best in the business and will mean our jelly beans receive the very best protection from the bad eggs seeking to exploit them.
Round Variations: Expect the Unexpected
Players will quickly realize that all is not what it seems in The Blunderdome. Familiar favorites will have to be tackled in all new ways, with the addition of dozens of obstacles, dizzyingly random rotations and, of course, plenty of tumbling fruit. And what’s more, players will have no idea when these changes will occur—no bean’s dignity shall be spared.
Better, Faster, Smoother, Stumbles
The Mediatonic team has been implementing hot-fixes and tweaks to improve the Fall Guys experience since day one, and today’s major mid-season patch continues this quest. Players can expect changes to enhance server stability, nifty VFX improvements and a whole lot more to make Fall Guys just that little bit smoother.
And Another Thing…
There have been rumblings across the community about a certain large and rather aggressive hammer obstacle roaming the rounds, apparently intent on causing further mayhem for the Fall Guys. Details are sparse, but one thing we do know is that their name is Big Yeetus and they’re a-coming.
As previously announced, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 2 is due out in October.
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.
Watch a trailer for the mid-season update below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.