Here is an overview of the game, via Atari:
Missile Command: Recharged is a re-imagining of the beloved classic with fast-paced, arcade action where players must defend their bases by blasting an endless barrage of missiles hailing from the sky. Launch counter-missiles to protect your base and target powerups to gain an edge at critical moments. Missile Command: Recharged will appeal to those that fondly remember playing the original or its many iterations, and a whole new generation of mobile gamers that are looking for fast-paced, pick-up-and play, arcade goodness.
- Powered-Up – Don’t just target missiles—take aim at all-new power-ups to survive longer with defensive measures, silo repair, or a screen-clearing special blast.
- Upgraded – New power-up system takes points earned and allows them to be used to upgrade all aspects of gameplay to get an edge and achieve the highest scores.
- Shoot for the Clouds – Compete in global online leaderboards and aim to claim bragging rights as the top missile commander.
- Achievements – Better yourself with each game played and work towards besting the toughest challenges!
- Get Augmented – Use the new augmented reality feature to project your gameplay to a virtual arcade cabinet and take your missile destruction to new heights!
Watch the Switch and PC announcement trailer below.