A total of 78 games will exhibit the all-digital BitSummit Gaiden 2020 on June 27 and 28, the Japan Independent Games Aggregate announced.
The list of confirmed titles is as follows:
- .fall (PC) by PGN Inc.
- Aeon Drive (PS4, Switch, PC) by 2Awesome Studio
- ∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake- (PC) by Endless-Shirafu
- A Space for the Unbound (PC) by Mojiken Studio
- Aeolis Tournament (Switch, PC) by Beyond Fun Studio
- ANSUZ (PC, VR) by CharacterBank Inc.
- art of rally (PC, Mac, Linux) by Funselektor
- Binary Fighter (PC) by NightScraper
- Boyfriend Dungeon (Switch, PC) by Kitfox Games
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PC, Mac, Other) by Finji
- DIMENSION REIGN (PC) by ScopeNext Inc.
- Diorama Knight (iOS, Android) by PICKLE’s
- Dungeon and Gravestone (Switch, Xbox One) by WonderlandKazakiri Inc.
- Eximius: Seize the Frontline (PC) by Ammobox Studios
- Fight Crab (Switch, PC) by Nussoft
- furiko (PS4) by TO-CO
- Gardeniampoule (PS4, Switch, PC) by CAVYHOUSE
- ghostpia (Switch) by Chosuido
- Giraffe and Annika (PS4, Switch, PC) by atelier mimina
- Glimmer (Switch, PC) by Glimmer Studio
- Gnosia (Switch, PS Vita) by Petit Depotto
- Haikei, Hanshu Hajimemashita. (iOS) by WINGIT
- Haunted Garage (PC, Mac) by Games For Ghosts
- Hexagroove: Tactical DJ (Switch) by Ichigoichie
- HotCake! (PC, Mac, iOS, Android) by Stupid Creators/Osaka Electro-Communication University
- Jack Move (Switch, PC, Mac) by So Romantic
- Kaku: Ancient Seal (PS4, Xbox One, PC) by BINGOBELL
- King of the Hat (Switch, PC, Mac) by Business Corp. Incorporated
- LightDread City (Switch, PC, iOS, Android) by Echopie
- Lightmatter (PC) by Tunnel Vision Games
- Lo-Fi Room (PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android) by Bearmask Studios
- Lost Ember (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) by Mooneye Studios
- LUNARK (Switch, PC, Mac) by Canari Games
- Magic Potion Millionaire (PC) by ARTIFACTS
- Melon Journey 2 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, PC, Mac) by Poppy Works
- Metal Unit (PS4, Switch, PC) by JellySnow Studio
- Miniature LAND 3 (iOS)
- MO:Astray (PC) by Archpray Inc.
- Mon Amour (Swich) by Onion Games
- Monken Crusher (Switch) by Game Bosatsu Group
- Muncell (iOS) by LSD
- Mystic Pillars: A Story-Based Puzzle Game (PC, iOS, Android) by Holy Cow Productions
- Nanotale – Typing Chronicles (PC) by Fishing Cactus
- Neon Noodles (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) by Vivid Helix
- Neon Tail (PC) by Rocket Juice Games Studio
- Neversong (PS4, Switch, PC) by Beep
- ORX (PC, iOS, Android) by johnbell
- Penguin’s Dogma (PC) by MIYAKOpubl
- Retro Game Aliens (PC, Mac) by qbert
- Rhythm Fighter (Switch, PC, Mac, iOS, Android) by Coconut Island Games
- Roki (Switch, PC) by Polygon Treehouse / United Label
- RP7 (Switch, Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS, Android) by Turtle Cream
- Shaolin5 (Switch, PC) by BurgerStudio Co., Ltd.
- ShopOfTentacles (iOS, Android) by Achamoth
- Shores Unknown (Switch, PC) by Vallynne
- Silver Chains (PS4, Switch) by Beep
- Skul: The Hero Slayer (PS4, Switch, PC, Mac, Linux) by SouthPAW Games
- Speaking Simulator (Switch) by Affable Games
- Starstruck: Hands of Time (PC) by Createdelic, LLC
- Stray Cat Doors 2 (Switch, iOS, Android) by PULSMO, INC.
- Stronghold: Warlords (PC) by Firefly Studios
- Super Glitter Rush (PC, Android) by tiny cactus studio (Hachinosu / Kei Kono)
- Swapon (iOS, Android) by Scidog Games
- Teenage Blob (PC, Mac) by Team Lazerbeam
- The Wake: Mourning Father, Mourning Mother (PC, Mac) by Somi
- Tokotoko (iOS, Android) by Kalank
- TopplePOP: Bungee Blockbusters (Switch, PC, iOS, Android) by Spirit Animal Incorporated
- TRI-GER (PC, Mac) by Jo C. H.
- Unneglectable (PC) by yona
- Vectronom (Switch, PC, mac, Android) by Ludopium
- Vehicle! Vehicle! Vehicle!!! (iOS, Android) by ramen games tokyo
- Who is the HERO? -Lycoris- (PC) by App factory Haruni
- WORLD OF HORROR (PS4, Switch, PC, Mac) by panstasz / Ysbryd Games
- YUGO PUZZLE (PC, Mac, Android) by Qrostar
The Japan Independent Games Aggregate also detailed the “BitSummit Heroes,” five heroes that represent groups of developers participating in the event. Through the BitSummit Heroes, the organization hopes to establish a greater sense of community, as well as make exhibiting titles easier to find. Here are the details:
2020 has been a challenging year. It was heartbreaking for everyone working on BitSummit to cancel the show after months of preparation. We’ve revived it through Gaiden, but one of the elements that make BitSummit shine is the sense of community it inspires year after year.
This new format brings opportunities to introduce more community elements to the BitSummit formula. In addition to Discord, we’re calling on our roster of former BitSummit mascots to help usher us into this BitSummit-online-only world!
Inspired by Japanese traditions of teamwork, we’ve grouped the developers into five teams helmed by BitSummit mascots. With everyone connecting virtually for Gaiden, we hope this will establish a greater sense of community among developers and fans while making it easier for everyone to find the games on Discord!
- BitRobots – Led by our original mascot, BitKing, the BitRobots were created by Dr. Yamamu in his secret base underneath Daimonjiyama. Piloted by Milk and his band of misfit game devs, they guard the indie world!
- BitRiders – Salaryman by day, masked BitRider by night, the leader of this team debuted in our second event and recruited allies to join him in the third edition! Now they are a trio of game dev bikers racing through the streets of Neo-Kyoto dishing out vigilante justice!
- BitRangers – The BitRangers’ love for indie games is overshadowed only by their love for Matcha Tea! This foursome made their first appearance during BitSummit Force (4th), and they were instrumental in defeating Nekora during the BitRumble of A 5th of BitSummit. Since then, they have quietly practiced “chanoyu” in anticipation of the day they are needed again.
- BitSamurai – Seven Spirits were transported through time to the modern world during a battle with the same ancient spirit that would eventually become Nekora. Today, these samurai wander the world lending their blades to any who need help.
- BitKaiju – Born in an atomic accident near the Fox Shrines of Kyoto, Nekora has often been at odds with the Rangers, Robots, Riders, and Samurai. Its first appearance during A 5th of BitSummit led to the BitRumble, a huge battle that decimated Miyakomesse! Since its defeat, Nekora has become a friend to all children.
What does this mean for the developers participating in BitSummit Gaiden? With SO MANY events moving online, we wanted a way to help both the awesome developers and BitSummit stand out from the rest of the crowd.
With the BitSummit Heroes we hope to accomplish a few things:
- Make it easier for everyone to find games in Discord.
- Make it easier for everyone to find games on the BitSummit Gaiden website.
- Make it easier for the BitSummit team to promote the games via social media with special BitSummit mascot-themed art and trailers.
- Encourage all of the developers within a group to support each other’s games.
- Hold a friendly competition on Discord for the “most popular” team, as voted on by the people attending the event.
We have a variety of activities planned for the BitSummit Heroes during BitSummit Gaiden. Join us on Discord and support your favorite team!
Watch a trailer for the event below.