Square Enix has released the first official gameplay video for Marvel’s Avengers.
Here is an overview of the video, via Square Enix:
Watch as Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor battle Taskmaster and his army of mercenaries in the opening level—a Hero tutorial where players learn the unique powers of the Avengers. Additionally, the A-Day demo is playable for the first time at gamescom 2019.
And here is an overview of the game itself:
Marvel’s Avengers is a story-driven, third-person action-adventure game. Reassemble and rebuild your Avengers roster in an original, cinematic single-player campaign, then battle solo or online alongside friends in new missions around the globe. Customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and then harness their unique powers to defend the world from escalating threats for years to come.
Play an Original Avengers Story
Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco—including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.
Embrace Your Powers
- Progress through the single player campaign to rebuild your Hero roster and restore their powers; then continue to battle AIM solo or online with friends.
- Unlock powerful skills and new gear for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes that suit your playstyle.
- Customize these iconic Heroes with classic, fan-favorite, and all-new outfits inspired by over 80 years of Marvel history.
- Combat system built from the ground up to support unique play style for each Hero.
- Using a reclaimed helicarrier as a base of operations, players launch single-player and co-op Warzone missions in hotspots around the globe.
- Up to four players assemble online to defend the Earth from escalating threats that only the Avengers can overcome.
- The narrative will unfold over multiple years, with every new Super Hero and region delivered at no additional cost.
Marvel’s Avengers is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia on May 15, 2020.
Watch the video below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.