The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new details on Monster Hunter XX.
Get the information below.
Monsters with Nicknames
- Ouma Diablos
- Hellblade Glavenus
- Silverpeak Gammoth
- Heavenly Eye Mizutsune
- Blue Lighting Master Astalos
Revival of the Congalala
Congalalas, which first appeared in Monster Hunter 2 and last appeared in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, will return in Monster Hunter XX.
Details on the “Renkin Style” Hunting Style
- The Renkin Style is an unconventional hunting style that excels in support.
- By wielding a special barrel called the “Great Renkin Barrel,” you can create “Renkin Items.” You can add an item up to five times to Renkin.
- You can use “Great Renkin Barrel” by selecting items. It’s not in your item pouch.
- As the Renkin gauge fills you’ll be able to “Great Renkin Barrel” while in Renkin Style. You can fill the gauge stock up to five.
Items You Can Only Make in Renkin Style
- Renkin Food: Stamina will rise to its greatest value. You will use this more often than other food items.
- Renkin Style Whetstone: Restores sharpness and makes it easy to fill hunting style gauge for a fixed period of time.
- Renkin Style Ball: Ball specially made for bow guns. When you hit enemies your hunting style gauge greatly increases.
- Renkin Style Bottle: Special bottle made for bows. As you hit enemies your hunting style gauge will increase.
- Renkin Vitality Medicine: Stamina is gradually restored over a fixed period of time. You will use this more often than other food items.
- Renkin Sound Wave Bomb: Fires a high-frequency wave that small monsters and some large ones hate.
- Renkin Earplug: Consumable that protects from a large monster roar once.
- Renkin Speed Medicine: Medicine that makes you throw Great Renkin Barrels fast and increases speed in Renkin Style.
- Renkin Increase: By mixing a particular item, that items quantity will increase.
- Renkin Bazooka: Explosive item shot from the Great Renkin Barrel.
- Renkin Spirit Up Ball: Makes nearby teammates’ hunting technique gauge to increase a fixed amount.
- Renkin Healing Barrel: Removes nearby teammates’ debuffs and restores their stamina.
Monster Hunter XX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.