Galat has fully detailed its free-to-play PS Vita idol training game Venus Project following its announcement in this week’s Famitsu.
Not only is a game in the works, but a web comic and TV anime are also planned, as well as a live event and radio broadcast later this year.
The PS Vita game is an idol training game that uses a card and command input system. Players partake in versus-style performance battles in order to win popularity as they support the growth of their budding idols.
Here’s the official story outline:
In near future Japan, worldwide news terminals and video technology have seen massive growth, and everybody is enthusiastic about a new form of entertainment.
Commonly referred to as “F-V,” this new form of entertainment sees select top-tier idols pitting their strength, skills, and all of their experience into live performance battles to see who among them ranks as the best.
The dramatic story of Venus Project sees a group of girls who get tickets to the titular Venus Project aiming to become the best idols themselves, throwing themselves into intense battles, working and fighting hard to attain victory even amidst friends.
Three characters have been revealed. While Galat hasn’t shared profiles for the idols, the developer has shared quotes for each.
From left to right:
- Karen Takano (voiced by Ami Himesaki) – “I’ve got an ace in the hold attack prepared! You better be ready!”
- Mitsuki Sarashina (voiced by Rui Tanabe) – “Your singing won’t last until the end. Two seconds before entering melody B, you’ll fall off the stage.”
- Yuu Kashima (voiced by Ruka Nemoto) – “Oh, Karen, just in time! Hehe, look! This scone’s in the shape of a kitty cat!”
Here’s the Venus Project, err, project’s full development schedule:
- March 21 and 22 – Anime Japan Expo 2015 Exhibit
- April 21 – Venus Project released for PS Vita; Free web comic begins serialization
- April 26 – Game launch event at Yakult Hall in Minato, Tokyo
- July – Venus Project TV anime begins broadcast (six 30-minute anime episodes + six variety show episodes)
- October – Real event; radio broadcast
Visit the game’s official website here.
Thanks, Dengeki Online.