Following its release date announcement last week, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation offers new details on Persona 4: Dancing All Night.
Find our summary of new information below. It’s been a while since we’ve last heard from the game proper, so be sure to catch up on the story synopsis.
- Yosuke – He and his friends head out to the city where Yu is for unspecified reasons during the story.
- Chie – Like in fighting, her dance style has copious amounts of kung fu.
- Kanji – His dance style makes copious use of his brute strength to charm his audience
- Teddie – He refers to himself in the article as “The Prince of Dance.”
- Players are tasked with beating back Shadows by dancing.
- Players will tap buttons that appear on screen in time to rhythm. (Left side of screen: Up, Left, and Down. Right side: Triangle, Circle, and X.)
- The game features familiar twists like simultaneous button presses, long presses (seen as a pair of H’s inside a long oval), and such.
- Players can build up combos and trigger special scenes. More information on that is coming at a later date.
- Duets with two dancers also occur in the game, in addition to characters dancing solo.
- The enemy icon from the Shin Megami Tensei Super Nintendo games appears at the top of screen during dances.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night is due out for PS Vita in Japan on June 25.