Over at gaming forum NeoGAF, one user, who calls himself Crazy Buttocks on a Train, is known to the community as a ‘games industry insider god.’ His statements have never been wrong, as far as I’m aware. And on the eve of E3 press conference day, he’s provided a few new “truthfacts,” as NeoGAF calls them.
- Microsoft is actively buying PlayStation 4 non-mentions. If you don’t explicitly hear a third-party say “our game is exclusive to Xbox One,” confidently assume a PlayStation 4 version is available behind the scenes.
- Stage two of Microsoft’s in-depth DRM messaging will arrive at Gamescom. There are no plans to support rental services. What was said last week was just so they could keep quiet.
- The power of the cloud is phony, and was designed to mask Xbox One’s DRM. Microsoft approached third-parties, not the other way around. EA and Ubisoft are Microsoft’s biggest backers, but oddly enough, not Activision.
- The DRM policy is worse than you know.
- Mirror’s Edge 2 will debut at Microsoft’s press conference.
- Prince of Persia will return for Microsoft’s press conference.
- Special secret Phil Spencer game? World of Tanks from WarGaming.net. [Update: This is apparently referring to the secret Xbox 360 game Phil Spencer has teased.]
- Xbox LIVE pay-wall set in stone for online play.
- Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game.
- No online pay-wall for PlayStation 4. Unconfirmed.
- Sony is very tight-lipped about its DRM policies.
Of course, until confirmed, whether it be tomorrow some day in the future, take these with a grain of salt.