Guild 01 shoot ’em up Liberation Maiden is coming to PlayStation 3 in the form of a 5pb.-developed adventure game. Famitsu has gone up with a full report on the title.
Japan is suddenly invaded by “major powers.” Fighting them, the New Japanese Government appears to have won independence. However, due to their aviation might, the major powers are rallying their strength, and the realm is now roughly halved, leading to the outbreak of the Second War of Liberation. The New Japanese Government sets up a defense front based in West Japan and begins a production increase of Liberation Machines.
The Liberation power controls the properties drawn by the spiritual particle “Mystical,” and all those who are compatible with it are young men and women in their teens. And these young men and women were chosen to act as leaders of this era, either elected to the cabinet or recommended to positions in political parties.
The main character in Liberation Maiden SIN is Kiyoto Kaidou, President Shouko’s childhood friend, who starts his new position as the President’s Chief Aide. Shouko Oozora’s Cabinet is the “Fighting Cabinet,” seeing as the President and cabinet members themselves fight, developing the Second War of Liberation.
However, a political strategy is developing in the shadows—a shadow which is spreading even within the New Japanese Government. Is it waiting for the war to end as expected…?
- Kiyoto Kaidou: The protagonist. Newly appointed Chief Aide to President Oozora. He was a war orphan discovered collapsed by Shouko in a disaster area when they were about 5 years old. He has no memory prior to having collapsed. He has the special ability to read the minds of others, and becomes a test subject of the “Mystical Dive” ability, a skill where one intervenes in the spirit world of others. He was trained at a research institute, but he returns to Karuizawa to his new post as the President’s Chief Aide. This is where the story of this Liberation Maiden SIN begins.
- Shouko Oozora: The President. She is the first generation president of the New Japanese Government and the only daughter of Ichirou Tsubasa Oozora, the second generation president. She refrained from the presidential election 100 days afterwards, but as the pilot of the Liberation machine Kamui, she achieved many military gains in the First Liberation War, and her reelection was eminent. Because she’s from a high class family and ignorant in the ways of the world, occasionally her natural naivete shows through.
The Cabinet of Lovely Young Ladies
These six young high school girls work for President Shouko Oozora. They are the Fighting Cabinet which possess great Liberation power. They board their Liberation machine and challenge the major powers in battle. What kind of abilities and fighting styles do they have?
- Chiruko Minami: Minister of Justice.
- Yoshino Sakuragi: Chief Cabinet Secretary.
- Komiko Tamaki: Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications.
- Kaguya Akeboshi: Minister of Defense.
- Hijiri Fuwa: Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Miburi Onnoun: Director Genera of Science and Technology Agency.
Key Word: Liberation Chance
A special robot measuring 11 meters in total length, outfitted for antiaircraft and ground combat. It can also change into flight mode. When in battle, it cannot fight unless a pilot is present. The pilot straddles it like a motorcycle and controls it.
Key Word: Liberation Power
After humans adopt the atmospheric divine energy “Mystical” in the soul, it is released again into the atmosphere. As a result of this, the density of Mystical increases, and there is a benefit for those people directly proportionate to the level of that density. The power to react to this “Mystical” force is called “Liberation Power.” The government is obligated to seek and inspect 15 year olds who may have the ability. If they show abilities of a top class thinker, scholar, or government official in their early teens, then they are judged to be A Rank by inspection. Additionally, a qualification to pilot Liberation machines is provided because they can control the circulation of the divine energy. The New Japanese Government assigns Liberators, A Rank possessors of Liberation power, to actively serve in public office regardless of age. Additionally, Shouko Oozora was the first person in recorded human history to receive a perfect score in her inspection.
Key Word: Nagata
The battleship with every political type on board. With a large build reaching 3 kilometers in length, it has a high level of mobility and is furnished with a stable defense system. After the First Liberation War it was stationed at the provisional capital Karuizawa, where it has been constantly protecting refugees. Additionally, there are schools, businesses, and residents built within the ship. Not only is it the national congress building, but it also commonly known as “the urban battleship”.
Key Word: Divine Beasts
Mysterious high energy body in the shape of a beast. In the First Liberation War, they were successfully liberated from the major powers which had captured them.
Key Word: Landmark Weapons
A large weapon which plays an active role in various scenes. They are camouflaged like historical landmarks laid throughout the land of Japan, thus they are called Landmark Weapons.
Liberation Maiden SIN is due out for PlayStation 3 this year in Japan.