Over at the Playstation Forums, Dylan Jobe, director of Warhawk, posted on a patch going live today. He comments about listening to community feedback since the last update to server rotations and how this patch will be making some changes based on those responses. This patch doesn’t add any new features, but fixes and changes the server rotations and loads based on what the community wants. It’s pretty rare to see a developer that listens with so much enthusiasm to its community, but Incognito certainly fits that mold. They definitely care about their product and their continual efforts to enhance the game prove that.
Changes to servers (Update v1.4) listed below:
- By popular demand, playlists which include the largest layouts now include only the largest layouts. They will no longer occasionally rotate into medium layouts.
- By popular demand, respawn times have been set to 3 seconds.
- By popular demand, Broken Mirror servers now offer dedicated CTF and ZNS games in place of the mixed playlists.
- Dogfight servers were added back to the list. They were inadvertently omitted before.
- All gamesâ€™ time limits were reduced to 15 minutes, and ZNS score limit was reduced to 5000, to combat complaints of prolonged base camping.
- â€œNEWBIEâ€ servers were changed to â€œRookieâ€ to bring the nomenclature in line with upcoming changes in v1.4.
- â€œProâ€ servers were changed to â€œExpertâ€ to more obviously indicate a skill level rather than a player type. Some players incorrectly identified â€œProâ€ servers as tournament games, a la MLG or GGL.
- â€œCasualâ€ servers are essentially the same as before, but the â€œCasualâ€ designator has been dropped. We now refer to these internally as just â€œstandardâ€ servers, and they are listed without any special identifier.
- The rank cap on Rookie servers was increased to Wingman, since players were getting kicked out of these servers too quickly and finding themselves unprepared to play on standard servers.
- A rank cap was imposed on standard servers at Command Marshall. This is rank 15/19 so it should not affect a lot of players. The intention is to pull some of the most elite players out into their own category, somewhat narrowing the rank gap on these servers.
- Many Omega Dawn exclusive servers were removed due to lack of use.
Jobe then continues by saying, “As a friendly reminder…server rotations are an living aspect to the game that can be updated as needed. Please let us know what you like and what you don’t so we can continue to adapt the servers to best serve the community.”
If that right there doesn’t speak to the dedication of Incognito and the whole Warhawk team, not sure what else could. Incognito is the shining example of community interaction by the developers and shows that they truly care about the game and all the players.
Dylan also let slip that they are already working on v1.5 update and the next…(something). This obviously most likely seems to be the next new map pack, but we will just have to wait and see.